To access the Premium: DATA EXPORT Dashboard, expand the PREMIUM: DATA EXPORT Module and select one of the 5 Data Export Dashboards
PREMIUM: DATA EXPORT:
US States sales totals are presented in USD and Canadian provinces are presented in CAD.
The data in these download dashboards is based on market forecasts. Headset uses data supplied by state or provincial governments to determine total Adult Use Cannabis sales each month. Until government data is available Headset forecasts the total market sales volume, thus monthly sales totals can change as we adjust our market forecasts or when we receive finalized state totals.
In some download data there will be 2 different columns for prices as described below
Average Item Price: This is the average price per unit. You can think of it as the average price a customer would pay for the individual product.
Average EQ Price: This is the average equivilized price. This normalizes product sizes to give us more of an apples to apples comparison of price. In inhalable categories, it’s the price per gram (based on weight), and in non-inhalable categories it’s the price per milligram of THC in the package.
For example: If an eighth of Flower (3.5 grams) was sold for $35 its average item price is $35 and its EQ price is $10 (or $10/gram). If a 100mg package of Edibles sold for $20 it’s average item price is $20 and it’s EQ price is $.20 ($0.20/mg of THC).
Follow these steps to download data:
- Select the PREMIUM: DATA EXPORT dashboard of your choice
- Configure the filters at the top of the dashboard
- Select the RUN button.
- Once the data displays, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the data table.
- Select the ‘Download Data’ option from the menu.
- Select the data format, name your output file, and press ‘Download’
The Package Size dashboard has 6 filters as shown below.
- The DATE RANGE filter is limited to the available data.
- The MARKET Filter is limited to the markets where you have a current subscription. If you are subscribed to multiple markets, the option to multi-select markets is available.
- The DATE GRANULARITY filter will group the result set by this setting (Week, Month, Quarter, Year).
- The CATEGORY filter will display all the categories in your subscription. If you are subscribed to multiple categories, the option to multi-select categories is available.
- The BRAND filter can be used to limit brands included in the download. Brand data is limited to the categories of your selection. The default is all brands.
- the SEGMENT filter is limited to the segments within the category or categorys of your filter selection. You can select multiple segments.
Rows in tables with less than $5k in sales are excluded from the download. Data aggregates information at the Market level.
The Category dashboard has 4 filters as shown below. These filters provide the same options as the Package Size filters described above. Data aggregates information at the Market and Category level.
The Segments dashboard has 5 filters as shown below. These filters provide the same options as the Package Size filters described above. Data aggregates information at the Market, Category, and Segment level.
The Brands dashboard has 5 filters as shown below. These filters provide the same options as the Package Size filters described above. Data aggregates information at the Market and Category level. Brands data shows the top 50 brands in each category.
The Total Market dashboard has 3 filters as shown below. These filters provide the same options as the Package Size filters described above. Data aggregates information at the Market level.
Insights Premium Overview: New Products will provide extensive details about new products launched within your subscribed categories.
Insights Premium Overview: Pricing Overview will tell you about average item prices and Equivalized Pricing (EQ) for your subscribe cateogories.
Insights Premium Overview: Discount Overview will help you learn how discounts are affecting sales by category and segment in your subscribed categories.